Rho of DKE for the Next 160 Years
Support our Evolution!
We are quickly approaching the 160th Anniversary for Rho of Delta Kappa Epsilon on October 15, 2015. The DKE House has always stood as the symbolic heart of the Rho Chapter. We are planning a renovation to make the DKE House a fraternity house on Lafayette’s campus that all Rho Dekes are proud to call home. This renovation is the centerpiece of the DKE 160th Anniversary Campaign.
The Objects of Delta Kappa Epsilon are:
- The Cultivation of General Literature and Social Culture,
- The Advancement and Encouragement of Intellectual Excellence,
- The Promotion of Honorable Friendship and Useful Citizenship,
- The Development of a Spirit of Tolerance and Respect for the Rights and Views of Others,
- The Maintenance of Gentlemanly Dignity, Self-Respect and Morality in All Circumstances, and
- The Union of Stout Hearts and Kindred Interests to Secure to Merit its Due Reward.
—Article II, Constitution of DKE
In an environment that fosters the free exchange of ideas, Lafayette College seeks to nurture the inquiring mind and to integrate intellectual, social, and personal growth. The College strives to develop students’ skills of critical thinking, verbal communication, and quantitative reasoning and their capacity for creative endeavor; it encourages students to examine the traditions of their own culture and those of others; to develop systems of values that include an understanding of personal, social, and professional responsibility; and to regard education as an indispensable, lifelong process.