The DKE House renovation is a planned gut renovation to bring the DKE House up to the expectations of 21st century students at Lafayette College.
We are creating a legacy upon which to build an even greater brotherhood. DKE and Lafayette agreed to preserve the character of the DKE House while enhancing it to meet the 21st-century needs of DKE students and their parents. Highlights include:
- Façade improvements including solarium and cupola
- Suite style rooms including HVAC
- State of the art commercial kitchen for residential dining experience
- Integration of social and living spaces including on the second floor
- Expanded building footprint and organic integration with March Field
- Upgraded external site work to brand the building DKE with prominent features on March Field including: new sidewalks, engraved bluestone pavers, flag pole, rain garden & lighting (including DKE colors)
These improvements are critical to the recruitment of top quality DKE brothers for another 160 years and reflect the College’s significant investment into DKE.